Distinctive Interior and Exterior Painting
by a Professional Painting Contractor With
Over 20 Years of Experience.
As a Charlotte area homeowner, you would hope it would be easy to find a good painting company to paint your home. But as you know, just about anybody with a few cans of paint and a brush can call himself a painter.
See, although FDC Construction provides full service remodeling and construction services, we started as a professional painting company and have been servicing the Charlotte region for over twenty years!
My name is Renzo Alva and I’m the owner of FDC Construction. My crew and I have an exceptional reputation, and once you give us a call, you’ll notice our friendly, one-on-one customer service is unique and different from other painting companies out there.
Why Hire FDC Construction
to Paint Your Home?
My team and I have painted well over 850 homes since 1994. Out of those homes, many of them were “production” paint jobs…meaning we’d work for a contractor who wanted us in-and-out as fast as possible…pushing us to paint with more speed and less quality.
And I hated it!
See, I was raised by a single mom (my dad died when I was just one). She worked hard to teach me work ethic, the value of working hard, and doing good work. I still remember when I was a young boy, my friends would be out playing ball and I’d be working around the house, doing chores and helping my mother.
That’s why a few years ago, thanks to my mother, I decided to get out of the fast-paced, low-quality production painting that’s so common around Charlotte and instead focus on high-quality, custom painting services.
I didn’t want to be like so many of the cheap, fly-by-night production painters out there who work with low-quality paints and do low-quality work. In fact, most of the time a “production” painters won’t even allow you to choose the paint or colors you’d like to use. Why should a contractor decide what you put in your home?
Custom Painting from FDC
(And What Makes Us Different?)
You might be wondering what the difference is between “production” painting and high-quality, custom painting…and what makes FDC different from other paint companies.
Being born in Peru, some people meet me for the first time and wonder about my accent. But moving to North Carolina as a young adult means I’ve worked hard to perfect my English. I prefer to point this out because what you’ll learn when we meet is that I’m an educated, friendly, professional business owner who will bend over backwards to make sure you know you made the right choice hiring me. And just like I work hard to perfect my English…I will work hard to perfect the work I do in your home!
Combine my experience and knowledge with the work ethic instilled by my mother…and I’m sure you’ll get past my broken English 🙂
But here’s what you’ll get when you hire FDC to paint your home:
- The paint used in your home will be high-quality paints (typically from Sherwin-Williams unless you have another preference). Your paint will last and look great for many years to come.
- I work with you and provide ongoing color-guidance to ensure you decide on the right look for your home so we create the exact feel you’re expecting. (We can even visit the paint store together!)
- Your paint will be applied using professional painting techniques only a team with our experience will know how to do.
- We come back for a final walk-through with you after one week to make sure the job was completed exactly as you expect.
- There won’t be any surprises showing up after the paint dries. (If there are, we’ll be there to make any repairs or additional retouching if necessary…although I don’t think you’ll have to worry about that!)
- We clean up after ourselves and have great respect for you and your home. Even though most of the work we do requires a minimum of a few days to complete, at the end of each day we do a thorough cleaning. (Sadly, this is a bit unique in our industry.)
- Our work is guaranteed. If for whatever reason you’re not satisfied with the job we do, we will make the necessary changes to make sure you’re satisfied.
Oh and one more thing…if you happen to be an animal lover, as I am, you won’t have to worry about your pets sneaking out or getting into the paint…we take extra precautions to make sure your pet is a priority.
FDC’s 5-Step “Perfect Paint” Process
We follow the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) standards combined with our strict, 5-Step “Perfect Paint” Process every single time we paint. We never rush a paint job, and tend to exceed the required drying times to make sure the job is done right. You’ll notice this is the exact opposite from a low-quality, “production” paint job:
- Clean + Prep: We thoroughly wash and clean the entire area, including your walls, all outlets and light switches so there’s never any doubt the paint will cover the surface and stay there for a long, long time.
- Sand. Repair. After we’ve washed and prepped all surfaces, we’ll sand the walls and repair any signs of damage. That includes filling and sanding any holes (normally up to the size of a silver dollar, at no additional cost to you).
- Primer + Sand + Wipe. We put down the first coast of primer, allow it to dry (based on the specific paint manufacturers recommendations), then we follow it up with a light sanding and a final wipe-down. These first three steps are what ensures a high-quality paint job.
- First coat, which includes FDC’s “Brush-Free” technique. This allows us to paint around trim and doors so you’ll never see the streaks and brush marks often left behind by inexperienced painters.
- Final coat (sometimes more) This is where we ensure the fine details that really make a difference in your home are completed beyond your expectations. (Depending on the colors and the amount of pigments in the paint, additional coats may be required. You’ll know how many coats are necessary once you’ve choosen your paint colors.)
We know painting your home is much more than the paint we put on the surface. We come into your home, respect your time and combine our “customer-first” approach with our skills to provide you with remodeling and painting you’ll love.
Please take a few minutes to you watch the video below. I’m sorry the quality isn’t great (I never said I was a video producer!), but this homeowner was nice enough to let us record his testimonial and show off our work.
You’ll see how hard we work to make sure our clients are happy with our interior and exterior painting services.
If you like what you’ve heard, please fill out the form below and Renzo will contact you right away to discuss your project.
Contact Renzo to Discuss Your Project
There are 2 ways to get started:
I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
If you’d like to meet, you’re not going to get some slick sales presentation, like you might get from those large painting companies. And you certainly won’t get some guy in a rusty pickup truck who doesn’t know when to use a chiseled brush or when to grab the straight-edge. We’ll have an open discussion about your home, what you’d like to accomplish…and I’ll provide you with honest, professional recommendations based on the colors I see around your home, and the style you’re looking for that fits your decor and personality.
So go ahead and give me a call at 704-492-0719.